| Save Recipe
| Share This Page
| Bookmark This Page
| Amazon Shopping
Detroit Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
Pizza, recipe, recipes, Detroit Deep Dish Pizza Recipe
Instant dry yeast
Bacon cut into small pieces fried and drained
Large green pepper chopped
Velveeta cheese sliced
Medium sliced tomatoes
Medium sliced onions
Grated colby cheese
Grated monterey jack cheese
(15-oz) pizza sauce
- CRUST: Combine yeast, 1 c of the water and sugar.
- Add the mayonnaise, butter, the remaining water and mix thoroughly.
- Mix together the white flour and cornmeal, salt, dill, garlic powder and oregano.
- Add to yeast mixture and combine well.
- Set aside. covered with a clean cloth, and let rise for 60 minutes.
- Wet hands with cold water and spread dough into greased deep rectangular pan.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and add toppings in this order: bacon, green peppers, velveeta, pepperoni, tomatoes, onions, colby cheese, monterey jack cheese and pizza sauce.
- Return to oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut.